Police also said that there were two people inside the car, including a 35-year-old man and a 4-year-old girl, and the vehicle was parked under the plane. The airport in the northern German city of Hamburg has been closed to passengers. This is because a vehicle has breached the security and entered the airport premises. Due to this reason, flights have been closed since saturday night and have not opened for 12 hours, German news agency DPA reported. The operational situation continues and the traffic around the airport is still closed. Hamburg police said in its latest update that it is still not possible to enter the airport.
A gunman drove his car through the security gates of Hamburg airport at 2 am today (IST), fired two shots into the air and threw two lit bottles out of the vehicle, a police spokesman said. Also, the police said that there were two people inside the car, including a 35-year-old man and a 4-year-old girl, and the vehicle was parked under an airplane. Federal police said an armed man broke through the gate with his vehicle and fired a weapon into the air twice. Meanwhile, the police also informed that the man's wife had earlier contacted them about the possibility of child abduction. The police also informed that it is known that the father of the girl did this in an attempt to get the custody of the child. The girl lived on stage with her mother. The German-based news portal NDR reported that a 35-year-old man from Buxtehude forcibly abducted the woman's daughter yesterday.
A Turkish airlines flight and other airlines have been evacuated, a media outlet reported. More than 60 flights were canceled and more than 3,000 passengers were reportedly affected.