Warning: After eating Fish, a woman loses all four of her limbs...?

Warning: After eating fish, a woman loses all four of her limbs...?

A 40-year-old mother named Laura Barajas was tragically forced to have all four of her limbs amputated in california after allegedly eating tilapia that was contaminated. Soon after cooking and eating the fish, which Laura had bought from a neighbourhood market in San Jose, she developed a serious illness. According to Laura's friend Anna Messina, she fell ill a few days after eating the undercooked fish. The deadly bacteria Vibrio vulnificus, which was present in the fish, was found to be the cause of her severe illness. Due to this tragic incident, Laura had to spend two months in the hospital where she underwent vital life-saving surgery.

It's been really hard on all of us, Anna said in a conversation with Kron. It is awful. Any of us could have experienced this. She was on the verge of death. She was using an oxygen mask. They used medication to induce her coma. Her feet, bottom lip, and fingers were all completely black. Her kidneys were failing, and she had complete sepsis.

In the interim, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have been issuing alerts regarding bacterial infections that could endanger people's lives if they eat fish that is undercooked or raw or arise into exposure to coastal waters, particularly those that have open wounds. The infection unfortunately spread to Laura Barajas.

By starting a GoFundMe campaign, Anna Messina has taken the initiative to raise money to assist with Laura Barajas' medical expenses. The campaign received a remarkable response, raising more than $50,000 (roughly Rs 41 Lakh) to help with the patient's recovery and treatment. In the meantime, according to the CDC report, 150 to 200 cases of this infection are reported each year in the US, and one in five people pass away as a result of the infection.

Find Out More:

Related Articles: